Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A SPECIAL MOMENT



OK, If you read my last entry, you KNOW what kind of weekend I had! WOW!
But here is a HIGHLIGHT of my weekend!
I told my Best Friend, Robbin that this was probably a once-in-a-lifetime moment!
In the middle of all the CHAOS, I had to leave the KOA event and drive to a Wedding Rehearsal. My husband starts telling me this "shortcut" to take. I am hesitant, but I take it. You start off on a paved road, it turns into a dirt road,,,,,,,very secluded area, a wooded area. I found my way just fine, I played the piano at the rehearsal and then I headed back out to the campground.
I am driving along and I see a pond,,,,,,,,,,,,,Let me stop here, when you are an animal lover and a bird lover, you take notice of ponds and fields and pastures,,,,,,you might catch a glimpse of "something"!
SO I see this pond,,,,,,I see something at the edge of the pond,,,,,,,It was a Bald Eagle! OMG!!! I stopped the van and just sat there! It was at the edge of the water.
We live in South Georgia, we dont have bald eagles!!!!!!! There are certain people who think I am crazy but I KNOW WHAT I SAW!
First of all I am a bird lover! I am familiar with birds in our area. What other large bird do we have that has a white head? and white on its legs?
IT WAS A BALD EAGLE! I told my husband it could have been just passing through! It stopped for water!
So anyway, I dont care what anyone else thinks,,,,,,I KNOW WHAT I SAW!
It was such a SPECIAL moment for me! One I will NEVER forget!
(btw this is not a pic of the eagle I saw that day! I wish I could have taken a pic of it!)

2 comments:

Robbin said...

I believe you, I know how good you are at spotting birds and how good you are at knowing what they are and I just know you saw an Eagle. Lucky Girl too! I wish I'd been with you. (Remember the Aligater on the way to Americus? Nobody believed that either!)

MrsClare08 said...

That's so awesome!!! We're in eagle country and I don't know if I've ever seen one! :)