Wednesday, July 9, 2008

PSALM 57

Yesterday when I went to visit Robbin at the hospital we were talking about "something"?? and Robbin was saying something about the Psalm 23 bracelets she made for me and her mother. But she slipped up and said Psalm 57 bracelets,,,,,, We laughed about it! She told me to go home and look up Psalm 57.
It was just a slip of the tongue,,,,,,,,,or was it?

Psalm 57
***Prayers in the midst of perils***
Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me, For my soul takes refuge in Thee; And in the shadow of Thy wings I will take refuge, Until destruction passes by. I will cry to God most High, To God who accomplishes all things for me. He will send from Heaven and save me; He reproaches him who tramples upon me. God will send forth His loving-kindness and His truth. My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, Even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, And their tongue a sharp sword. Be exalted above the heavens, O God; Let Thy glory be above all the earth. They have prepared a net for my steps; My soul is bowed down; They dug a pit before me; They themselves have fallen into the midst of it. My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing, yes I will sing praises! Awake, my glory; Awake, harp and lyre, I will awaken the dawn! I will give thanks to Thee, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to Thee among the nations. For Thy loving-kindness is great to the heavens, And Thy truth to the clouds. Be exalted above the heavens, O God; Let Thy glory be above all the earth.

When I read the first 2 lines, I sat here with my mouth open,,,,I dont know why it surprises me!

1 comment:

Robbin said...

LOL, I'll be! I always loved the book of psalms best, the poet in me I guess. That's something! God send me a special message I think. Thanks for looking it up, I love it.
Love you too!