Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Sunday Afternoon........

I was really dreading this time of the day. I was really being selfish. It's actually turned out to be nice.

Today is Sunday. I say Sunday afternoons are for naps! Well, today I wasnt going to get much of a nap. I guess I slept maybe 40 minutes,,,,,,,That kind of nap isnt really helpful, it just makes me mad. LOL

My daughter is VERY involved with our Church Youth Group and I am very GLAD that she is! But that means I have to take her to certain youth functions,,,,,,Today I had to have her at the Church at 4pm for puppet practice. She had to be there at 4 BUT I didnt have to be there till 6! So what was I going to do for 2 hours??

I dropped her off, I went and got a cup of coffee. I just sat in my car, in a parking lot and I played games on my phone,,,,,,It may sound pitiful but it was a beautiful day and I actually enjoyed it, it was some quiet time. I also had time to think! I havent had the greatest attitude lately. I am not going to list every detail here. But I've been thinking today, "you know, I  wont always have to drive Robbin to her 'activities'. One day she will be all grown up (and that day will be here in the blink of an eye). I need to enjoy these times and cherish these times."

I also realized today,,,,and there have been times when I believed this but then somewhere along the line, I lost sight of it,,,,,,,Maybe this is my sole purpose right now! Maybe God's purpose for me right now is to work and to do my best to raise Robbin right! I am always wondering what my "purpose" is. I think I am searching for something BIG and COMPLEX!! But its simply working and providing for my family and raising Robbin. I just know that my attitude needs to improve,,,,,It just hasnt been good lately. I know it hasnt been pleasing to my Heavenly Father.

No comments: