Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Best Friend, Robbin

Today is Thurs. June 12th 2008.........
WOW, I havent written anything since May!!

My best friend, Robbin has gone through ALOT in that time frame!
She was on Medical Leave of Absence, trying to heal from surgery.
and in the middle of all that, she got the tragic news that her oldest son, Jonathan had taken his own life.
I was there at her side when she got the news,,,,,,,someone said to me, "You have to be a strong person, I dont think I could've done that!"
Well, I am here to tell you, I didnt feel very strong that day! I was holding on to her arm and I was shaking! It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my whole life! But I truly believe that the Lord knew what HE was doing and I dont think it could have or should have went down any other way!
I know Robbin will never be the same,,,,,,,and I hurt for her everyday!
But I know Robbin is strong and she will get through this! Not only have I not been able to write on my blog, I have not been able to read anybody's blogs either,,,,,,until tonight!
In Robbin's blog I can read in her words that there is healing taking place there!
I am glad.

3 comments:

Robbin said...

Nope, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way either, although I'm sorry you had to go through that but I'm glad you were there for me.
I hardly remember that day but I do remember how you were shaking.
And I know how hard it was for you to be there.
Things like this do change you, but I'm determined it will not change me into a person who constantly grieves or becomes bitter.
I didn't want to lose him, I wish it didn't happen but it did and I have to go from here. So day by day and baby steps, I'll get there. But I love you and thank you for being there with me. And I'll never forget Chris leaving his guitar for Matthew, he'll never know how much that meant to him. Love you bunches and bunches.

Tammy Brierly said...

Bless you for standing by your friend! Death teaches us to live and I know Robbin will heal with time.

GreenishLady said...

How fortunate Robbin is to have a friend like you to be by her side. I'm sure that knowing you are there is part of what helps the healing to happen. Bless you.