Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Saturday off??

I am defintely NOT used to having a Saturday off. If I do have one off it's usually tacked on to vacation time and I'm not at home.
It's been a long week.
I am supposed to "give myself" a Saturday off each month. But sometimes I dont think it's worth it! I am not used to working Mon-Fri with no break in between!  I am tired.
Yesterday we were pretty busy at work and I wasnt in the greatest mood. I could tell I was ready for a day off!
But let's talk about good things.
Today I am spending time with my daughter. She has a science project to work on AND we are going to make a couple of Fall "statues" for the yard. LOL  We got some stuff from Home Depot and we are going to cut out a figure and paint it. We've done this before,,,,One year for a Bible School. I am going to make a scarecrow and Robbin is going to make an OWL. I think they will be CUTE!

One good thing this week,,,,,,,,,,I couple of ladies from the school system came to me. There was a student who had broken glasses and Mom couldnt afford new ones. I told them I couldnt make any promises but that I would see what I could do. I really couldnt believe I found something so quickly. We have a "bucket" full of frames that are considered UNsellable. I found one in there right away that the lenses fit in perfectly! :) The ladies were so excited! One of them gave me a big hug! But I guess the most Special part of the whole thing was when I got back from lunch that day, the girls told me there was a card on my desk. The student had written me a Thank You Note! It was so sweet!
So out of all the people that we "try" to help every week,,,,,maybe this one person really, actually APPRECIATED it!!!!
You know, one of my employees said I should have charged them for that frame anyway! I just couldnt and I wouldnt!!!!! This person in need was a student/a child! He cant help it if his glasses are broken.(unless he just flat out broke them himself on purpose, which I doubt!) He cant help it if his Mom cant afford to get them fixed or buy him new ones. and the fact is, the child NEEDS to be able to see! So I did what I could to help and I will continue to do so in the future.

No comments: