Wednesday, August 28, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird

Tonight I was driving to church,,,,,and I hit a mockingbird with my car. Well, let me put it this way, he kind of flew into my car and then he flew over onto the grass. I really didnt think he hit that hard, so I turned the car around and went back to where he was in the grass. I got out of the car and he tried to get away from me, but he couldnt fly. He could hop around but he couldnt fly.
I scooped him up and got back in the car to drive to the house.
I was thinking maybe he just had a broken wing,,,,,maybe I could help him, maybe I could save him. So I was driving back home, I called my daughter to tell her I would be late.......while I was talking to her, The mockingbird acted like it was gasping for breath. I didnt really know what to do for him,,,,,I kept thinking if I could just get to the house,,,,,,,and then he just went limp and he died in my hand. It just crushed me. I guess he was hurt internally. He didnt even live for 10 minutes after I hit him with the car.
I'm already going through some stuff,,,,,
Here lately I just dont know whats wrong with me,,,,,,Its like I am falling apart,,,,,on the inside.
So this little episode tonight didnt help at all!
I've tried to think of all the things I could have done differently to help save that little bird,,,,,,,,,,
I'm so sad,,,,,,,,,,












No comments: